Though Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 hasn’t been out a week yet, the team at EA SPORTS is showing their dedication already by outlining the details on the very first patch for the game. The development team has been gathering issues from the community by setting up a place where the issues can be reported.
While the patch hasn’t been submitted to Microsoft and Sony for certification yet, EA SPORTS outlined what they’re planning to have fixed below:
List of confirmed server side fixes:
- Connected Tournament payout issues (Fixed 3/25/2013 – To be deployed in next server deploy)
- Connected Tournament invalid score submissions winning tournaments (Fixed 3/25/2013 – To be deployed in next server deploy)
This fix will prevent users from submitting a score if they disconnect in a connected tournament for more than 1 hole. You will still get the option to submit, and it will appear as if your score submitted, but when you check the leaderboard it will not have your score in it. It is a necessary evil of preventing users from glitching the system to win events. A further fix that will allow score submissions when disconnects happen during the round has been added to the patch and will make this function as designed.
- Connected Tournament total score adding newly submitted rounds to previous submitted rounds in total score (Fixed 3/25/2013 – To be deployed in next server deploy)
This was merely a visual issue and wasn’t effecting ranking in any way.
List of confirmed patch fixes (patch release date: TBD)
- Fix for H2H online issue where players get incorrect stats after completing event
- Fix for Legends of the Majors multiple part challenges not working in rare instances.
- Fix to move aiming spin back to right stick if right stick is your hit stick
- Restored original follow camera for putting
- Fix the camera button from defaulting back to regular view when changing holes
- Fix for h2h cameras so they no longer pull back after a ball comes to a rest
- Fix for h2h opponent cameras not tracking the ball and instead staying behind the user
- Fix for Country Club stat “Double Eagle” always displaying “0”
- Fix for some Country Club stats not tracking correctly
- Fix for Power Attribute Pin not appearing on Equip screen
- Fix for wrong stats in info module on the event select screen for events that have closed in Connected Tournaments.
- Fix issue in Connected Tournaments Event Select screen where ‘club members on course’ info is wrong
- Fix for some career stats not matching front-end stats correctly
- Fix for some career stats that show incorrect information
- Fix for issue where flags are incorrectly showing on club world rankings in-game banner
- Fix for shot preview arc not drawing completely when using shot preview pin
- Fix Strike Meter to always be ‘sticky’ for Move players
- Fix for Loyalty Bonus timer (currently display days, will be hours)
- Fix for user’s score not displaying in the front-end leaderboard when submitting a score for play the pro event
- Fix for ‘next hole’ stats not appearing correctly in live tournaments
- Fix for score column showing incorrect information after playing multiple rounds in Play the Pros.
- Fix for playoffs sometimes going to night
It’s great to see the development team respond so quickly with issues that they’re looking to address. What changes do you want to see made that haven’t been outlined yet? Let us know by leaving us a comment below, or discuss Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 in our community.