Today, EA SPORTS has rolled out a brand new EA SPORTS UFC update. While the game has shown promise, it’s in desperate need of some assistance and today’s patch seems to provide just that. In addition to the laundry list of fixes, which we’ve detailed below, EA SPORTS UFC also receives three new fighters.
The most notable of those three fighters is TJ Dillashaw, the Bantamweight Champion, who had been left out of the launch roster. In addition to Dillashaw, Takeya Mizugaki & Tyron Woodley have also been added to the game’s roster. Fans are also now able to touch gloves in the game just as the fight starts, and we’ve provided a tutorial below.
New & Updated Content
- Addition of 3 new fighters. 2 in Bantamweight: TJ Dillashaw, Takeya Mizugaki and 1 at Welterweight: Tyron Woodley.
- Updates to fighter records
- Update TJ Dillashaw to be Bantamweight Champion in Career and default fighter in Fight Now
- Updated Alexander Gustafsson’s tattoo
- Gameplay – Added Finish the Fight. Allowing users to land extra shots as a fighter gets knocked out
- Gameplay – Added sprawls when defending power takedowns
- Gameplay – Added the ability to touch gloves at the start of every round
- Added animation to submissive fighter when attempting full guard sweep to a postured opponent in full guard.
- Added the ability to break out of cage clinch by pressing L3 button
- Fixed an exploit where dominant fighter in full mount could sneak in punches from posturing up.
- Fix for arm alignment issue for certain fighters in full mount
- Removed power takedowns and side control sweeps from fighters that should not have them.
- Stamina and damage changes are now relative to accelerated clock.
- Stamina no longer regenerates if user holds block.
- User takes a larger stamina penalty when hit while weak blocking.
- Dominant fighter in full guard has larger window to reverse the full guard sweep to mount. Animation sweep takes longer.
- Fixed rare submission issue where gates could be skipped.
- Fixed issues with framerate during gameplay.
- Fixed rare issue with loss of takedown functionality after denying cage clinch.
- Fixed issues with referee standup during TKOs and submissions.
- Fixed various physics issues.
- Fixed various animation issues
- Update to Renan Barao Bruce Buffer commentary
- Opened Red Belt division in Championships
- Opened Grand Prix Invitational tournament in Championships
- Fix to online leaderboard stats displaying incorrectly in comparison to FighterNet profile
- Fix to online disconnects in tournaments resetting user’s fighter
- Fix to online disconnects not reporting the game and no DNF given
- Fixed issue with uploading highlight reels when game is suspended
- Added a EULA tile in the Extras menu
- Update to filtering of tutorial videos based on Language settings
- Fix to Origin flow in unsupported language displaying unsupported text
- Decreased difficulty of initial fighter after tutorials. User is unable to get knocked down during standup.
- Fixed Create-a-Fighter icons for hates and tattoos
- Fixed rare issue with incorrect Post fight NIS playing
- Fixed rare crash that occurred during replays
- Fixed issue with Game Face fighters having a seam around neck
As you can see, there were quite a few changes made to EA SPORTS UFC on the latest patch. It’s great to finally see Dillashaw added to the game, and it’s a solid list for the very first update to the game.
What else do you want to see changed or added to the game? Be sure to let us know what you think by leaving us a comment below, or continue the discussion in our community!